Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:56:40 GMT by

I successfully generated a package with Merge Join component but I am getting below error during execution:
Error: 0xC02020B1 at DFT - Load DSEMPSAL, MGJ - Merge Join [19]: The NumKeyColumns value is not valid. In the MGJ - Merge Join, the value for the NumKeyColumns custom property must be between 1 and 1.

I have only one Key, but in NumKeyColumns, It is automatically setting value as 9. I didn't find any syntax to set this value in BIML script.

Do anyone know how we can set NumKeyColumns value dynamically using BIML script?

Posted Wed, 04 Sep 2019 21:21:12 GMT by

Hi Bharat,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have not been able to replicate your issue. In your <JoinKeys> node you only have one key present? Would you be able to help us reproduce this issue by sending us a minimal repro case, either built against a public dataset like AdventureWorks or with accompanying DDL, so that we can replicate everything in our environment? You can mail this to support@varigence.com.

Thank you,

Posted Fri, 01 Nov 2019 15:02:06 GMT by Michel Docter

The documentation here is a bit wrong, i got the error using Merge join like here:

https://docs.varigence.com/biml/snippets/transformations-merge-join

Fixed it by setting SortKeyPosition only in my OleDbSource Column collection, NOT inside MergeJoin tag !

<OleDbSource Name="Destination" ConnectionName="db" ValidateExternalMetadata="false">
<VariableInput VariableName="User.DestinationQuery"/>
<Columns>
<Column SourceColumn="ID"></Column>
<Column SourceColumn="Description" SortKeyPosition="1"></Column>
</Columns>
</OleDbSource>

You must be signed in to post in this forum.