Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2018 17:43:06 GMT by
When trying to download the new bimlexpress.vsix the download always fails (tried 3 different browsers) at the end.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2019 03:46:27 GMT by
I have also had issues download the file this morning in IE11 as it just returned a blank page, I found that the download worked in Chrome.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2019 03:46:28 GMT by
That is suggesting Chrome works, however it does not for me.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2019 03:46:39 GMT by jacob alley
There appear to be two separate issues. The first is downloads of the VSIX file in Edge and Internet Explorer. This is now fixed. It was due to Internet Explorer and Edge not using file extensions as backups for generic MIME type metadata on file downloads. Chrome does have that feature. We have updated the MIME type for the VSIX file. The second is Christoffer's issue. We have not heard other reports of failing at the end of the download. Our downloads are sourced directly from Microsoft Azure Blob Storage. Is it possible your organization has a firewall rule for Azure or for our domain? Alternatively, might you have an antivirus tool that is producing a false positive and breaking the download?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2019 03:46:40 GMT by
Our organization is experiencing the same issue; the download hangs at 61%, or 110 of 178 MB. This has happened to multiple users on all browsers. No one has yet to successfully download the entire file. I've reached out to our support team to verify the firewall and antivirus per your suggestion, but in the meantime is there any other method of retrieving the install? This is the only web download we've had issues with.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2019 03:46:42 GMT by jacob alley
We would love to help resolve this issue, however we really need to know whether or not you are using Dell SonicWall first. They have been erroneously categorizing our software as malware. They themselves have acknowledged that it is a false positive. Yet, despite multiple phone calls and emails over a span of more than a year, they have done nothing to remedy the situation. If it is indeed SonicWall there is nothing that we can do at this juncture.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2019 03:46:43 GMT by
I wasn't able to get the information you requested, but did successfully download the install from outside our network, leading me to believe your suspicion about our firewall may be true.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.