Posted Sun, 21 Mar 2021 16:07:00 GMT by Willem Francis
I created a new Bimlflex project, which is very similar to earlier projects I created. This one, however, will not build. 

The errors seem to indicate missing SSIS dll's, but other projects targeting the same versions do build succesfully. I must have missed a configuration / setting somewhere, but I cannot find it.
Posted Wed, 24 Mar 2021 21:40:47 GMT by Waqas Samuels
There are a few options normally behind this, most commonly it is due to using ETL SSIS extracts (which in turn use script components for some logic) and building in 64b mode where no SQL server is installed locally. The required script components for SQL Server 2017 is installed with SSDT for Visual Studio 2017, the Visual Studio 2019 version seem to lack certain files normally expected to be present.
Posted Thu, 25 Mar 2021 08:05:19 GMT by
A few additional things to check: 

1. Review the source to staging and data vault process to make sure it uses ELT (e.g. end dating and processing in stored procedures, instead of in data flows in SSIS)
2. Test change build mode from 64 bit to 32 bit mode. In BimlStudio, in the build & deploy ribbon UI tab, in the drop down, pick 32b mode and restart the build.
3. Make sure the SSDT and corresponding SSIS components are installed and that the dll's are registered. The easiest way for this is to make sure Visual Studio 2017 and SSDT for SSIS is installed.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.