Posted Fri, 29 Oct 2021 03:35:42 GMT by andrew an
hi, I am imported Bimlflex SSIS package project into Visual Studio 2017 for mssql 2016 SSIS. When I open it in Visual Studio 2017 go some errors (see the attachment).
I have installed the Bimlflex express Visual Studio plugin but the error does not go away. Anyone knows how to fixed?

Posted Tue, 09 Nov 2021 00:12:44 GMT by Carl Stein

What is likely happening is that you did not install the SSIS components -- they are an installer option. 

OR, you installed the SSIS components, but only the 64-bit version. Since SSDT is 32-bit only, the SSIS components will not load in the designer if the 32-bit version is not also installed. 

SSIS components are not installed by default, because you don't strictly need them to model metadata, build, etc. Those components are only necessary if you want to run or debug the generated packages, so most customers only install them on a subset of developer workstations and on the SSIS server(s). 

Thank you. 
Varigence Support

Posted Tue, 23 Nov 2021 10:01:09 GMT by andrew an
Thank you very much for you reply. My SSDT seems 32-bit (see attachments). If the SSIS components not loaded in the designer, how do I load them, is there a process/command i need to run to avoid the errors? OR if the components are needed, where can I download them. 

Many thanks

You must be signed in to post in this forum.