Posted Fri, 09 Nov 2018 23:44:34 GMT by
Hi Hi have a problem generating a package with an ODBC source. After I have generated the package and try to execute it, the execution will fail. Fail with the following error: [SSIS.Pipeline] Error: "ODBC_SRC DWVTT" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA". After I go to my ODBC source in my DataFlow task and do "Show Advanced Editor" -> "Refresh" the package will work. When I compare the XML between a package that I have refreshed and not I see this (See attachment). Changes: CodePage is added after a refresh. Datatype change from wstr -> to str after refresh. Datartype change from dbTimestamp -> dbDate after refresh. The correct types in this case are str and dbDate. So the datatypes are changed for the better. But why are they detected wrong in the first place and what can I do about it?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2019 03:49:56 GMT by jacob alley

There are a few datatype mapping issues still lingering, but we are doing work to shore them all up. I have created a public issue at BimlPIT for you here: https://github.com/varigence/BimlPit/issues/91

Please subscribe to follow along, and we will provide updates as we solve these issues.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.